Join teams and find out solutions for the question “How can we create a new founding era in chemistry?” – Start paving the way towards Sustainable Chemistry!
|Where?||Side Event at the GDCh Wissenschaftsforum in Berlin, Freie Universität Berlin Room HS 101, Garystr. 21 14195 Berlin|
|When?||Sept. 12-13 2017, starting 10:30 am|
|How?||Program and Registration now open, individual registration, teams will be formed at the marathon: Register now!|
|Who?||Open to everyone with strong interest in chemistry and/or entrepreneurship, no special skills required, teams formed by representatives from different disciplines and stakeholder groups (chemical researchers, entrepreneurs, IT, designers, experienced industry professionals etc.)|
|Fees?||No! The event is free of charge, no registration for the GDCh Wissenschaftsforum required!|
You can be part of an interdisciplinary team working together for 24 hours to deliver real solutions and innovative concepts for a new founding era in chemical industry.
- An incredible list of high rank representatives from all stakeholder groups such as Chemical Industry, Academia, Politics and Media are actively supporting the teams, check flyer and program to find out who!
- Experienced coaches will guide the teams through the phases of the Innovation Marathon.
- Present your team’s solution after 24 h in front of an international audience.
- Connect to likeminded, international fellow researchers and broaden your network even beyond.
And that’s in it for you
Not only will you gather unique experiences by closely working with the teams but you will learn to apply tools uncommon for many scientists. The Innovation Marathon is tackling the hot topic startups in chemistry and you have the chance to place your thoughts and ideas early on in the process of future strategy building. Your presented results will enjoy a lot of attention from all sides.
The Innovation Marathon will be jointly organized by Gesellschaft Deutscher Chemiker and Bundesverband Deutscher Startups e.V. with support by JuWiChem (Junge WirtschaftschemikerInnen) and JCF (Jungchemiker Forum).
Not able to join a team for the 24-h Innovation Marathon?
Then come to the key notes, panel discussions and team presentations both on Tuesday and Wednesday (Sept. 12th-13th). This event is fully free of charge. No obligation to register for the GDCh WiFo. BUT! For security reasons, you need to simply register for the supporting program sending a short message with your name at: email@example.com Use the unique chance to meet:
- Brigitte Zypries (German Federal Minister BMWi)
- Dr. Martin Vollmer (CTO Clariant)
- Dr. Markus Steilemann (CIO Covestro)
- Dr. Thomas Weber (CIO BASF)
- Dr. Ulrich Küsthardt (CIO Evonik)
- Dr. Georg Schütte (German State Secretary BMBF)
- Prof. Ulrich Panne (President BAM)
- Prof. Matthias Driess (Spokesperson Unicat)
- Prof. John Warner (Director Warner Babcock Institute)
- Prof. Robert Schlögl (Director Fritz Haber Institute)
- Achim Halpaap (Chief Chemical Division UNEP)
- Wolfgang Reuter (Member of the Ed. Board Focus)
- Sonja Jost (CEO DexLeChem)
We hope to see you there!